Saturday 19 October 2013

Feature Friday: PrasadDesigns

Good morning everyone,,

It's finally Spring! Yesterday the sun was shining so bright. I think it will keep on shining today as well, and maybe we will even have a sunny weekend *needles crossed* :D

To celebrate this good weather, I have a new feature with PrasadDesigns. She has some lovely bright and handmade jewellery. Fit for Spring.

find item here


1. Tell us a little bit about your shop; how did you start? How did you learn your craft? Why did you start? What do you sell?


I've been making jewelry since I was a child. I have taken a couple jewelry classes to enhance my skills. PrasadDesigns was created to share my passion for jewelry with the rest of the world. I have always wanted to start my own business, so doing this was the perfect opportunity. Etsy is a great
website to allow me to have my own shop and start my jewelry business.

2. What inspires you? Is there a special place that you like to go to get inspired? What is it? Any favorite galleries or exhibits that inspire you?


Whenever I go shopping or see someone, the first thing I do is look at the jewelry and this usually give me some sort of an idea for another piece I can create. So just about anything can inspire me when it comes to creating jewelry.
find item here
3. Who is the biggest supporter of your craft/Art & business?


I would have to say that my biggest supporter right now is my friends and family. They are all proud of me and fully support me.

4. Are you part of a crafting group?

No, I am not. I am currently a college student and it is difficult to keep up because I am constantly in classes or studying. Whenever I have free time, I work on the business. I would love to be part
of a crafting group though!

5. What do you enjoy making the most? 


I love making all types of jewelry. Making jewelry is a passion of mine and I love being creative with it. I enjoy using my imagination and just going with it.
Find item here
6. What is the story behind your shop's name?


Prasad is my last name. Therefore, I named it PrasadDesigns. Maybe in the future I will rename my shop and come up with something more creative.

7. What do you like to do for fun?


I enjoy traveling. I also love to read and watch new movies.

8. Do you have a crafty room?

I do not have a craft room. I currently make jewelry in my dining room, believe it or not. I would love to have a craft room where I can just lay out all my designs and have the whole room dedicated to just jewelry making.
Find item here
9. How do you find selling offline? How is it in comparison with selling online? 


I don’t usually sell offline. I do gift my jewelry to friends and family though. But I primarily sell on Etsy only. I have hopes that my store will be successful and I can increase sales.

10. Do you have any tips for people who want to start making their
hobby into their business? 


I believe hard work is the most important factor into making a business a success. You have to be able to market and promote the shop and continually create new pieces. Setting time aside for the business is
extremely important.

Find item here
To keep in touch with the latest news and designs from PrasadDesigns, follow her link below:

Etsy Shop
Facebook
Twitter
Wanelo
Blog
Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment