Saturday 28 June 2014

Summer Zest Green Juice

Happy Weekend lovely people!

You are all aware that the month of fast, Ramadan is tomorrow! Two posts about it will be coming soon :D
I started fasting since last week and since I am being spoiled back home with lots of food *mashallah*, I decided to stop myself of the fear of turning into an elephant by the end of the month. I decided on a little trick to boost me up and fill me with health and goodness, which is breaking my fast with not only dates, but with green juice! I tried the -sort of- proper juicer first, which made it very liquid like, but it separated all the good fibers! That totally defats the purpose of a green juice for me. So I put them back into a blender. It took me ages, but worth it at the end. I prepared a whole plate full of greens to make a whole jug, but it turned to be only fourth the jug.

Ingredients:
This sums it all up! 
but if you want more details then I used half of a large lettuce head, a handful of mint, about five branches of coriander, two peeled limes, one peeled lemon, four unpeeled carrots, one unpeeled red apple and a small piece of ginger. 

Note: be very careful washing your greens! 

Added all above into juicer then blender and got my green juice. I forced my mother and grandfather to try it with me. They weren't super keen, but they gave it ago anyway! I think it was too green for them. 
The taste was like a salad in a cup with extra lemons; mild and chewy. It was not sweet. If you are just starting and not used to the taste of plain salad, use another apple and less greens. 
I am no juicing expert, so apologises in advance if you make it and hate it! lol,, I am still experimenting and reading about it. Ideally, you should drink it on an empty stomach to get the maximum benefit. Next stop: melon green juice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment