Tuesday 22 April 2014

Al Bustan Palace, The Ritz, Muscat

Last summer, I decided to discover the gulf. I lived most of my life in Saudi, but every time I travelled I went far away. The gulf all felt very similar, but then I went to Oman and that changed my whole view. It is a very beautiful country and more developed than Saudi, but quieter than UAE. The first time I went to Muscat, I stayed at the Ritz (Al Bustan Palace) and I really LOVED it!

Welcome!
The Lobby: 
The hotel lobby was so grand! The staff welcomed me with Arabic coffee and lovely orange dates
Grand and beautiful
I loved the patterns on the floor, on the walls and the ceiling. The attention to details in the lobby made it look immaculate. The style of the hotel was based on traditional Islamic architecture with a contemporary twist of using plain marble in most of the floorings.
The touch of gold in some of the accessories gave the hotel a luxurious feel
The chandeliers were placed at different heights, which changed the lighting levels and gave a powerful impacts in some areas.
The fountain was a nice touch, but didn't make any spacial change 
The Room: 
The room was really nice with a mountain view. I loved the bathroom and the deep comfy bathtub. The ambiance in the room was classy and the decor was well thought of.
The sitting area
The mountain view from the room
The bed. Look at the details on the side and top panels.  
The funny thing is if you don't put the "don't disturb" sign the cleaning staff will keep coming and clean the room! One day they came about four times and did the bed.
The bed during the day had more cushions.  
I liked that even the bathroom decor was considered. These touches of adding a mirror with borders and a small crystal side lamp really makes all the difference.

The Breakfast: 
After a restful beautiful night in the room, you are welcomed to a wonderful breakfast that has so many options. The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. The view from the breakfast buffet is gorgeous. I think I spent nearly two hours there trying all kinds of food! They had Eastern and Western options. The design of the buffet was ergonomic and had touches of Omani traditions through the woven baskets and the colour choices. 
The start of the buffet. Notice all the milk options!
Fresh and ready cut fruits. Amazing. 
breads and muffins! YUM!
The pool and beach view from the breakfast buffet
The Beach: 
The hotel outside grounds were gorgeous with a wonderful pool and a private hotel beach. This hotel is the perfect spot to relax and to chill on the beach.





Note: I have taken all these pictures myself and all the rights are reserved to me. If you would like to use any of the pictures, please mention www.designeresra.com as a source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment