Wednesday 23 October 2013

Saudi Dining: Fushi

Food is what I enjoy the most in Saudi. I believe that we have a great selection of restaurants all around. After all this is the second most common thing to do in Saudi; going out to eat. The first top thing is shopping of course. One of my favourite restaurants in Khobar is Fushi! I actually miss it when I am travelling. Only problem is it's FAAAAR from where I live (half an hour feels like ages when you are only going out to eat). It's on Khobar Corniche just before the big Jareer bookstore. So, I only go there when I have an errand to run in that area. Although, it's worth the trip!     

 The atmosphere is pretty chilled out. They have a strong brand image focusing on two colors; pink and green. Fushi is focused on Asian food and the interior ties into it with Asian inspired chairs and wall treatments. The space is divided brilliantly with a Japanese style door instead of having just one boring continuos space. That division gives it an interesting visual. Take a look at the space.




The chairs are nice looking, but the ones in the pictures above are not comfortable at all. They fit with the interior, but it's not fitting for the purpose. It's a restaurant where a customer will be mainly sitting, so having uncomfortable sitting is a little off putting.  

NOTE: There are stairs to get to the family dining area, and they don't have an elevator, but they said they could accommodate for wheelchair users downstairs. I would call to reserve in advance though! 
The overall branding of Fushi is smart. Even their table-mats have their logo, which is an illustration of sushi (the main thing they serve). I was waiting for takeouts!  

I loved those Gyozas so much that I had to eat them in the car! I got fried and steamed, and the steamed ones won hands down! 
When I was choosing the sushi I wanted, it was really hard choosing just one, but I had to control myself. I settled for the shrimp kimono, and it was delicious! Looking at the picture now makes my mouth water! 
 Of course there was a main dish too! I wasn't eating alone. I shared everything :) Their lemon chicken is pretty nice, a bit too oily, but nice regardless.
 When I have the food in the restaurant, I usually get this amazing sizzling brownies. Couldn't have it wrapped and to go sadly, but that's a reason to go next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment